Takata Recall Information
Everything you need to know about the Takata airbag safety Recall.
Millions of cars around the world contain a potentially faulty Takata airbag inflator which can cause the airbag to malfunction when deployed.
This potential defect affects certain vehicles from many high-profile global automotive brands, including popular European, Japanese, American and luxury manufacturers.
At Nissan, our owners and their passengers are our highest priority. We are recalling all vehicles in New Zealand that may be affected and will replace the airbag inflator free of charge.
We will be contacting affected owners once parts are available for their vehicle.
Below is some important information from MIA for potentially affected vehicle owners:
- Your vehicle is safe to drive. There have been no known cases of faulty airbag inflators in the New Zealand market.
- However, because it is not possible to 100 percent guarantee the safe operation of these inflators, manufacturers have decided to widen the recall to ensure all risk is removed.
- Owners of affected vehicles can expect to receive a letter advising that their vehicle is subject to a recall. We advise owners to take their vehicle to a franchise dealer to have the airbag inflator replaced when the distributor advises you to do so.
- The cost of the parts and labour is met by the Distributor. The only cost to you is your time to take your vehicle to a franchised dealer to have the work undertaken.
- If you have further enquiries please call 0800 962 460 for our Takata hotline. Please have your registration on hand.