Usually we collect personal information about you from you and from our Nissan dealers who have received information from you.
We may collect personal information about you:
- when you contact us by email, phone, in person, by SMS or other forms of communication, including our website or our social media platforms;
- when you take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys, and sponsorships;
- when you fill in order forms for a vehicle, parts or accessories, or book your vehicle for servicing;
- when you apply for credit;
- when you contact us about any of our products and services; or
- from related companies, dealers and our service providers (such as Roadside Assist).
We may also collect personal information about you from other people such as:
- your accountant or employer, when required, as part of your credit assessment;
- any personal referee provided by you;
- any credit provider that gave credit to you, to assess your credit application;
- any credit reporting body that gives us a credit report about you;
- your insurer or broker;
- our agents;
- any government authorities;
- marketing agencies and marketing lists; and
- other people you refer to us or who refer us to you.
If you give us personal information about another person, please tell them you have given it to us and tell them about this Policy.
We keep records of privacy consents that we get from you.
We have put in place industry standard (or better) security safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use modification and disclosure and other misuse. We store your personal information in secure electronic and physical files.
If your personal information is subject to a notifiable privacy breach as defined in the Privacy Act 2020, we notify you and the Privacy Commissioner in accordance with our obligations under the Act.